MCRD San Diego/Western Recruiting Region Future Force Writing Competition
Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego has been making Marines for over 97 years.
Its methods, tested in the fire of combat, are trusted by the American people, emulated by our
allies, and feared by our enemies. Our product, the basically trained Marine, has proven
pre-eminently effective in every clime and place. Today, however, we are beginning to see the
societal effects which technological and media advancements are imparting on our fellow citizens. From resiliency challenges,
to the means by which this generation interacts, learns, and communicates, information is
available and accessible on historically unprecedented levels. The question which must
be considered as we shape the future of MCRD San Diego/Western Recruiting Region is:
What do we need Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego/Western Recruiting Region to look like 10 years from now?
Deadline 5 June 2019
The MCRD San Diego/Western Recruiting Region Future Force Writing Contest honors the essay that is most original in its approach to the development of operating concepts, facility innovation, and organizational enhancement which facilitate a future vision of MCRD San Diego/Western Recruiting Region 2029. Concepts should not be limited by existing technology, but should consider emergent/yet to be developed capabilities.
- The contest is open to both military and civilian entries.
- Entries will be no more than 3,000 words.
- An editorial panel will evaluate and select the winning essay.
- All entrants will be notified about the outcome of their entry.
- Electronically submitted entries are preferred.
- A cover page should be included identifying the manuscript as the MCRD San Diego Future Force Writing Contest 2019. Include the title of the essay and the author’s name.
•First place: $1000.00
• Second Place: $500.00
• Third Place: $100.00